Your partner in increasing employee performance and workplace productivity.
Asia-Pacific’s premier health tech eco-system; more than just delivering mental health services.
Referees are the subject of constant physiological and psychological pressures when officiating (Wolfson & Neave 2007).
The increased awareness of mental health issues in society has prompted athletes of all levels to begin talking about their own mental health experiences. However, we don’t hear as much from sporting officials.
In each sport, it’s the referees or umpires who are regularly criticised and abused for their decision-making. So, how is their mental health?
Officials of the sports we love have one of the most important jobs in the sporting world. It’s a horrible cliché, but without officials these competitive sports would not take place. Referees are the subject of constant physiological and psychological pressures when officiating (Wolfson & Neave 2007). These pressures include fitness demands, verbal abuse and pressure to make a number of correct decisions over the course of a match.
Include Connect Psych as part of your team to support you and your organisation.
More than 40% of elite sport coaches surveyed suffered mental ill-health. They need our support, not stigma.
(Australian Institute of Sport, 2020)
How Connect Psych can help
By generalising problems into digestible, anonymised data you can address the issues for a stronger more productive workplace that leads to better results.
Our EAP system not only uncovers the problems employees face, by offering safe and secure access to the help they need, but we report on it in a way that is private so as an employer, you can take positive steps without identifying any individuals.
- Employer access to real-time anonymised data and reports to help understand your workforce and their environment
- Private and secure access to our system portal for employees to manage and receive help for their mental health needs
- Private and secure risk-free system to help organisations manage the cost of their EAP services without compromising employee health
- Employee access to fully qualified psychologists and EAP counselling services anytime, from anywhere
- Employee access to up-to-date educational and support material
- Unmatched proprietary EAP system software
- We also offer critical incident response, wellness programs, leadership and team coaching, plus ancillary counselling by experts in financial planning, nutrition, family law and job placement through Connect Plus.